The JmGo J1 is a DLP projector with a DMD chip built into a circular aluminium magnesium alloy housing, with an amazingly small footprint 219 x 60-mm and just 1.55kg in weight. A power button sits in the center of the polished metal top, glowing blue when the projector is in operation and red in standby mode. The JmGO J1 also has a S/PDIF/headphone jack should you need to quieten things down.
A metal grille wraps around the device’s middle by hiding 4 5-W speakers with Dolby Digital Plus that are capable of producing stereo sound so loud your neighbors may complain. In standby mode Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity lets you take advantage of that stereo sound and operate the JmGO J1 as a Bluetooth speaker.
Annoyingly, you cannot use Bluetooth in projector mode to pair a wireless keyboard or mouse, even though there’s a remote control provided in the box and 2 USB ports 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0 that you could use to hook up a Bluetooth dongle and connect wireless peripherals this way.
- Smart Home Theater DMD DLP projector
- aluminium-magnesium alloy body
- Quad Core ARM Cortex-A9 Processor
- 1x USB 2.0
- 1x S/PDIF
- 1x 3.5mm AV in
- 1x HDMI
- 1x RJ45
- Full HD display, also supports Active 3D (glasses not supplied) and 4K content
- 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n
- 1x USB 3.0
- 5000:1 contrast (FOFO), 1000:1 dynamic contrast
- 0.45″DMD+RGBLED display tech
- ?120%NTSC colour gamut
- manual zoom
- 16:10/16:9/4:3 aspect ratio
- acts as a Bluetooth 4.0 speaker in standby
- 2.4GHz remote control with focus and volume adjustments, power, back, home, menu and mouse
- 20-300in throw distance
- 1500 Ansi Lumens
- Mali 450 MP4 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 16GB flash storage
- JmGO UI, Based On Android 4.3 KitKat
- 4x 5W Built In Stereo Speakers With Dolby Digital Plus
- Bracket Joint Supplied
One of the coolest looking home projectors it’s been ever seen, the JmGO J1 is an excellent buy.