NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the availability of the MultiSync MD302C4 LCD, widescreen display for diagnostic review applications in healthcare organizations.
The 4-megapixel, 30-inch display with IPS panel is designed to provide precise color reproduction and wide viewing angles. Factory-calibrated uniformity control calibration provides accurate imaging across the screen.
Built on a GB-R LED backlight, the MD302C4 display provides a wider color gamut and more color control than a conventional white LED backlight, and consumes 44 percent less power than comparable CCFL backlights.
“The MD302C4 diagnostic display is the first in the NEC MultiSync Medical Series to include a GB-R LED backlight for reduced power consumption,” said Art Marshall, Product Manager of Professional and Medical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “With the included front sensor, healthcare professionals, in turn, have a great tool with which to enhance their productivity and work performance.”
The MD302C4 monitor includes out-of-the-box calibration to the DICOM grayscale display function for luminance. An integrated front sensor constantly monitors and adjusts brightness to maintain the factory DICOM GSDF calibration. The MD302C4 also includes a human presence sensor that can automatically dim the screen to conserve power and display life, as well as a Quick QA function for checking DICOM conformance without a computer. The monitor’s stand has four-way ergonomic functionality, including height-adjust, swivel, tilt and pivot.
In addition, the MD302C4 display offers a 1000:1 contrast ratio, 2560 x 1600 native resolution, and 180 cd/m2 of calibrated brightness. Its 14-bit lookup tables provide 1,024 levels of gray out of a palette of 4,096. The display meets the needs of healthcare facilities requiring consistent and accurate medical imaging using Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
The NEC MD302C4 feature set includes:
- 30-inch IPS panel and 4-megapixel resolution with wide viewing angles
- 180 cd/m² calibrated brightness (340 cd/m² typical brightness)
- Integrated tri-stimulus (three-color) front sensor, which receives more light information than brightness-only sensors and is extremely accurate and stable
- ColorComp™ digital uniformity correction
- Factory calibrations to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance
- GammaCompMD™ QA software for worry-free calibration and conformance to the DICOM standard
- 14-bit internal lookup table (LUT), which provides for more finely detailed, high-definition rendering of color images and crisper display of even the most delicate shadings
- Integrated three port USB 2.0 hub with DisplaySync Pro, which easily connects to peripherals
- DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, DVI-D, and HDMI inputs
- 150mm height adjustability in landscape orientation (103mm in portrait), as well as pivot, tilt and swivel
- Medical certifications, including UL60950-1, UL60601-1 with pending FDA 510(k) clearance
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
- Five-year limited warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange
The MultiSync MD302C4 is available at an estimated street price of $3,999. The display ships with a five-year limited parts and labor warranty, including Advanced Overnight Exchange, which is one of the best warranties in the industry.